This Space for Rent

Fruitcake season gets closer and closer

90% of a candied citron (the other 10% were consumed for quality assurance purposes)

The citron has been cleaned, chopped, boiled, simmered in sugar-water, rolled in more sugar, and is now sitting out on the drying rack for 12 hours or so. Tomorrow I gather up the rest of the ingredients (substituting mashed banana + some baking powder for the eggs, substituting Karo syrup for the honey, and substituting non-dairy chocolate for dairy chocolate) and perform the vegan fruitcake experiment.